Facebook Pages – you have one, right? RIGHT?
Looking to increase sales? THE question in any marketing campaign is “How do I get information about my business in front of people?” Before you even decide on the content of your marketing message, you have to know that people will see it. That means knowing where YOUR people will be.
Facebook is where people are, with over 1.3 billion active users. And on any given day, 48% of them log on.
You can target your desired demographic in that enormous audience by creating a Facebook Page, so let’s look at some ways to use a Facebook Page to market your business.
1. Create a page. That is your starting point, so don’t put it off. It is quick, easy and free. You can have a Facebook page for your business up and running in less than an hour, and you can refine it as frequently as you wish.
2. Add a cover and a profile picture. The graphic representation of your business – remember to keep your marketing consistent across all your social media channels to create brand awareness. People that have visited your Facebook Page will have a connection with all of the information they have received there whenever they see your branding.
3. Add a “Call to Action.” On the Cover area of your page, set up a call to action. Use it. Also use Call to Action buttons or links in your posts and in ads you create. Responses to a Call to Action build your fan base and create alternative ways to market to those fans. Your aim is to use the call to action to drive traffic to your website, and ultimately onto your list.
4. Add a description of your business. This is the first place visitors will see information about the nature of your business. You have two places for descriptions – a short one (155 characters) and a long one. Use both.
5. Add contact information to encourage prospects to find you. Add your website URL to your page. Include your address and telephone number if appropriate for your business. Some businesses may be using a Facebook Page in lieu of a website. If you do have a website, your aim is to drive traffic to it.
6. Post on your personal Facebook Profile to acquaint your friends with your Facebook Page. Ask them to Like your Facebook Page-Another Call to Action!
7. Connect with Facebook Groups – Through your Page, that have the interests that you expect your customers will have. There is no better way to increase your business’ exposure quickly.
8. Start posting and do it often. You increase the chances of any given Facebook fan seeing your post when you post at least two or three times per day. Make sure you add images to your posts to increase engagement.
9. Do not post only ads on your page. Your main reason for creating the page is to increase your business, but an advantage of Facebook over most marketing tools is the ability to build a relationship with prospects. Give them reasons to like you. Give them entertaining and informative posts, as well as ads.
10. Allow others to post to your Page. This provides an opportunity for two-way communication with prospects – another step in building a relationship rather than merely dispensing ads. There are options available to provide monitoring so you can protect your page from inappropriate language, for example.
Start with your Facebook Page to grow brand awareness and respect from visitors to your Page. This one tool can start an exponential growth spurt.
I’ve just finished a training called “Facebook Success Secrets” because so many of my friends and colleagues are mystified by the whole process.
Re-examining your social media strategy and discovering what works for you is just one of the steps I talk about but there are more gears that need to work together to get Facebook to work for you.