If you are serious about growing your audience on Facebook, DON’T make these top 10 Facebook mistakes – OR correct yourself if you’re making them now. No matter what you’re doing today on social media, you can improve it and make it work for you so that you can grow your audience, increase your subscription rate and make more sales.
Top 10 Facebook Mistakes To Avoid:
- Sharing Irrelevant Content – When you decide to post something on Facebook, you need to ensure that anything you share fits with your audience. If you share things that they don’t care about, you’ll change the relationship you have with your followers and maybe even lose some. For example, if you have a food related business, but you then share something about marketing instead, it won’t make sense to your audience at all. They are expecting food related content, not business related content.
- Too Many Hashtags – While hashtags are popular on Instagram and across social networks, using too many is distracting and doesn’t help at all. Don’t use them in every single Facebook post, or just because you think you should. Use hashtags when they’re relevant to help your audience discover useful information.
- Not Answering Questions Quickly – On Facebook, when you post content, eventually someone is going to start asking questions or interacting with you. It’s imperative that you answer them and respond in a reasonable amount of time. This builds trust and makes you seem more approachable. Plus, it helps establish you as the expert.
- Not Responding to Criticism Correctly – As a public figure, and a business in the public eye, eventually you’re going to have to answer to criticism. This is normal and if you look at it right it’s also an opportunity. Your audience is always watching you to see how you handle things. If you can handle critique well, it’s just going to make your audience love you even more.
- Not Using Content Strategically – When you’re using Facebook for business every bit of content you put up for public consumption needs to have a reason for being. It needs to be to build your audience, to attract new people, to engage your members, to get subscribers, to make sales or some other goal. If you share content without a reason, you’re making a huge mistake – don’t waste your time, or anybody else’s.
- Forgetting Your Target Audience – As with all types of marketing, your audience is the first thing you need to consider anytime you do anything, including posting on Facebook. Ask yourself, is this something your audience wants or needs? Is this something your audience will get something out of? Does this event or update provide value to your audience?
- Being Offensive – Even if you have a sence of humor for off colored jokes, or information, this is something you need to be very careful about when it comes to business. If you think for one moment something is likely offensive don’t do it. It only takes one mistake to ruin everything when it comes to offending people. Knowing your audience well can help prevent problems.
- Not Developing a Facebook Strategy – Overall you need a plan of action for your Facebook marketing. You’ll need a good mixture of different types of content including live events to help your audience make the choices you believe are right for them.
- Not Keeping Personal & Business Separate – This can be hard to do sometimes on Facebook due to the fact that you have to have your personal page connected to your business pages. But, the more you can keep things separate the better it will be for your business. Plus, Facebook doesn’t like it if you do business on your personal page.
- Not Making a Good First Impression – Everything comes down to first impressions in life. From a Facebook post, to a Facebook live event, to all the content you choose to share. The tricky part is that each individual comes into your Facebook social media from different entry points, so you never know what they see first. That’s why you have to ensure that every single update you share is relevant and meant for your audience.
Don’t worry if you’re making these mistakes now. Just correct yourself. The greatest thing about social media marketing and Facebook is that you can learn and do better.
If you want to really crank up your Facebook learning curve, check out this great Facebook training, called Facebook Success Secrets. You’ll finally learn the secrets and understand how to create Facebook posts that get shared.
Click here to check it out today! FACEBOOK SUCCESS SECRETS!